Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Hyphen character

Did you try copy/paste the symbol into the Find/Replace dialog? (Note you
must use keyboard commands in the F&R dialog).

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Steve" wrote in message
I copy/pasted an article from the web, and it contains many extraneous
characters that look like hyphens. I tried to eliminate these
characters using find/replace in Word, but apparently Word does not
recognize them (tried the keyboard hyphen and all the characters
listed under Special). How do I determine what these characters are,
so I can delete them? Thanks!

--

Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on
people.

...WC Fields