Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rhorton33704 rhorton33704 is offline

Default Strange Popups in Normal View

This happens on my home laptop and desktop, but nowhere else.

I am typing text (in Normal view) and this strange popup occurs. The icon
looks like a skinny vertical rectangle with a black circle on top and a black
circle on the bottom, with a blank square in the middle.

When it pops up it highlights the text I have just typed. If I don't notice
the popup and continue typing, the highlighted text I have just typed is
overwritten by the new text I type. I have to click at the end of my text and
continue typing to keep from overwriting my existing text.

The popup lasts only a few seconds.

Does anyone have any idea what this is, and how do I stop it?

Thanks,

Robert