Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default VB Text Control - Document Branding - Word 2007

Hi ?B?Unlhbg==?=,

Take a look at the new Content Controls, and read up on them in the Word team's
blog (http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_office_word).

I have found several ways to gain access to other components in a document
though the visual basic built in programming language. But my issue is trying
to brand a document in such a way that when the user chooses an option from
the drop down menu the document will then be formatted to replace images
passed in by reference to a file location, and enable/disable text as
required.

What I can't figure out is a way to assign VB properties to a text box or
frame that contains text that can be formatted (bullets, fonts, bold etc).

Ex, is there a way to create a form object or text object that contains a
section (or numerous paragraphs) or text and a name be given to the frame or
text section.

That is, a button that could access the section in its' onclick() event and
adjust properties such as textSection.visible = false / true.

If this is not possible in any way, does anyone have other suggestions on
how this might be possible?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org