Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bo Grimes Bo Grimes is offline

Default Word Screen Fonts Too Large for Settings

No, no no...tell me I didn't do that! I never touched the zoom, and it
never occurred to me. It see now, for some reason, it defaults to 200%
whenever I switch views (Web, Print, Normal).

I feel like Charlie Brown. My shame forever archived on Google, the source
of endless amusement and head shaking.

I thank you, but wished I had used a fake name! :-)

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Click View Zoom and set the zoom to 100%. (If you didn't have both
toolbars on the same line, you'd see a zoom box on one of them, which is
another way to set it.)

If this is in all your documents, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...iewAndZoom.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Bo Grimes wrote:
I have two Microsoft Windows computers. They are both running
Microsoft XP Pro SP2, both running the exact same version of
Microsoft Word (2003 student edition), both are running at 1280x1024
at 96 dpi. However, on one the fonts in Microsoft Word are huge on
screen, even for a size as low as 8. On the other computer they are
not. Further, they are even different between Microsoft Word and
Microsoft WordPad.
I set up a screenshot to show the comparison. Both Microsoft Word and
Microsoft WordPad are using the same font face and size. You can see
that on screen the one in Microsoft Word looks huge. They both print
the same size.

The keywords here (Microsoft Word and fonts) are too general for me
to find any help. I have looked in all the content help and examined
all configuration options. I have never had this problem with
Microsoft Word before, and I don't have it on my other computer.. Any
help would be appreciated.

http://www.resident-aliens.org/misc/fontproblem.bmp

I trimmed it down to less than 2 MB, but with Microsoft Windows I
don't know a better way to do a screenshot than to print screen and
copy to paint. I would prefer a PNG, but, it is what it is.

TIA,