Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2003 - Unexpected Greek letters appear

Did the font get changed to Symbol at that point?

(Will Word 2007 switch the keyboard even if that language's IME isn't
installed through Windows?)

On Mar 9, 3:30*am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
Is the text at the insertion point formatted in the Greek language? Do you
have the automatically detect language setting checked in Tools Language?
Office 2007 additionally adds a function to automatically switch the
keyboard to the language of the surrounding text.

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

Gus Gustafson wrote:
I have an existing document. When I open it and attempt to modify it,
the characters that are inserted are Greek letters not English
letters. I have tried a number of options but apparently have not hit
on the right one.

Thoughts?