Peter Jamieson

Word should certainly be able to create and save a 10000-page document
(forgetting about the Mailmerge aspect of things for a moment) as long as
there is nothing large (such as images) repeated every few pages and as long
as the overall field code count (probably excluding PAGE fields etc. in
headers/footers) is not high. However,
a. messages posted in this group suggest that sometimes Word mailmerge
starts skipping records etc. for no apparent reason during merges.
b. if you are emailing the results, are you going to merge directly to
e-mail, in which case Word only creates an e-mail with a 5-page attachment,
or an email with a fairly long message body, depending on how you are doing
it? Or are you going to merge to a new document then split it and do the
emailing as a separate operation?

In my opnion, batching is advisable in any case when you are trying this
kind of process for the first time.

Peter Jamieson

"Sandra Jackson via OfficeKB.com" wrote in
message ...
I have a five-page Word document which I need to email to 2,000 clients. I
need to insert merge fields on each page. Can Word cope with 10,000 pages
in
one document or should I merge in batches?
Thanks