Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jim

Default Can Word calculate page number in form only if data is entered in.

I have a four page document. Typically I would use 2 pages. I want to
automatically calculate pages with a X of Y format but when only two pages
are used it will display X of 4. Can Word 2003 ignore pages that are forms
that do not have data entered into them and therefore calculate X of 2 when
page 3 and 4 are not used and then calculate X of 4 when 3 and 4 are used?

I have made it work for now by entereing a default number in the field for
the page numbers that would have to be manually changed if I use page 3 and 4
of the protected form