Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
newschapmj1

Default Word 2002 - Mailmerge templates changing data source via VB

I have hundreds of Mail Merge templates which use a text file in a given
directory.
I want to open each template in vb and save it as a non mailmerge document

This should me to relocate the merge documents to a new directory.

Looking at other posts something like
ActiveDocument.MailMerge.MainDocumentType = wdNotAMergeDocument is needed.

However I get the 2 Dialog boxes
"xxx is a mail merge main document. Word cannot find its data source"

"Remove Data Header or Remove All Merge Information " works fine but I want
an automatic process

These pop up soon after opening the document and before AutoOpen
which I have created in my normal.dot
Sub AutoOpen()
'
' AutoOpen Macro
' Macro created 07/05/2006 by JCHAPMAN
'
ActiveDocument.MailMerge.MainDocumentType = wdNotAMergeDocument
MsgBox "Auto open" & vbCr
End Sub

There is a thread for Peter Jamieson 2/04/2006 but as it was only one
document the change was made manually.

Any suggests will be gratefully received.