Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Brian is offline

Default insert unnumbered blank page

Edit the style for the chapter title. Select paragraph, and under the Line
and Page Breaks tab check the Page Break Before box.

Hope this helps,
--
Brian McCaffery

"cliffhanger314" wrote:

I want to insert an unnumbered blank page into my Word document in order to
make my final chapter begin on an odd-numbered page.There would then be TWO
consecutive unnumbered pages, the second unnumbered because it is the first
page of a new chapter (section). Having checked "Different first page" on the
Layout tab of Page Setup, I was able to achieve two consecutive unnumbered
pages only by inserting a second consecutive "Section Break (Next Page)." But
this somehow threw off the page numbering. The first page of the last chapter
suddenly became 57. It had been (correctly) 83. Did I, among other things,
inadvertently break the connection between sections? Is there a better way
for a novice to insert a blank, unnumbered page into a document? Thanks!