Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DonVicente DonVicente is offline

Default What happened to the letter wizard in Word 2007?

Graham:
Thanks for your good help. I would just like to make a suggetion to
Microsoft that they re-instate the "Letter Wizard" -- perhaps with some
improvements, as you have indicated. I find it amazing that on an "improved"
version of Word we have to cobble together a way to replace a useful
template. How would I phrase or forward this posting so that it would go to
Microsoft as a suggestion?
Thank you for volunteering and helping us!
--
DonVicente

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You can do that - see the second of the links.

Andrea wrote:
Thank you. I agree, the format was terrible, but I liked having the
ability to automatically import the contact information from Outlook.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

It doesn't appear to Word. Word 2007 doesn't recognize the format.
In any case it was a dreadful feature. Much better to create your
own templates. http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm
will help with the presentation and
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm the automation. Envelope
templates you can download from my web site. --

garfield-n-odie [MVP] wrote:
The agenda wizard, envelope wizard, fax wizard, letter wizard, memo
wizard, pleading wizard, and résumé wizard features were removed
from Word 2007. If you have a previous version of Word, you might
try installing the desired feature from the previous version, but no
guarantee that it will work.