Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey

Default Macros Disabled

Bill,

The message is a result of the default security settings in Word2003. See
ToolsMacroSecurity.

The default setting is "high." To each his or her own, but I recommend you
set Macro Security to Medium and then on the Trusted Publishers tab check
the box for "Trust all installed templates and
add-ins."

I think you will be free of the annoying message and still watertight.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Bill Martin wrote:
I just installed Office 2003 and am trying to come to grips with some
of the small differences from the '97 version I was using. Everytime
I open Word now, it gives me a "helpful" warning:

"The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the
online help to determine how to enable macros."

Now the thing is that I don't want to enable macros. I don't use
them in a word processor so I don't see any reason to open a security
hole in Word that I don't need. So how do I get Word to stop
nattering to me about enabling macros everytime I open a file that
doesn't use them anyhow?

Thanks.

Bill