Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey

Default Macros Disabled

Keep looking if you want. I can certainly be wroing, but I think that you
are going to find that your options are to set the security level to medium
and be rid of the message or leave it as is and deal with the message.

Setting it to meduim does not mean that you have to enable any macros. It
just means that if you have Add-ins (e.g., Adobe, etc.) (have you checked?)
that they will run. If you recieve a document with macros (the good kind or
the bad) you will get the warning then with the option to let it run or not.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Bill Martin wrote:
"Greg Maxey" wrote in
:

Bill,

The message is a result of the default security settings in Word2003.
See ToolsMacroSecurity.

The default setting is "high." To each his or her own, but I
recommend you set Macro Security to Medium and then on the Trusted
Publishers tab check the box for "Trust all installed templates and
add-ins."

I think you will be free of the annoying message and still
watertight. ----------------

That would probably work, but I don't see why I should enable macros
just to get Word to stop nattering whenever I open or close the
program. Most Microsoft warnings seem to have some way to tell the
program to not warn you about whatever repeatedly. I haven't been
able to find where that's buried in Word however.

It would be one thing if I were trying to run some document with
macros in it, but I'm not.

Bill