Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans

Default Macros Disabled

It would be one thing if I were trying to run some document with macros
in it, but I'm not.

Well .. if you get this message you *are* (or Word is) trying to run some
macros. If it happens at start up then you are using something which has
been added to Word (not Word itself) - this may be either some code you have
in your Normal template or it may be an AddIn which is designed to work with
Word.

It was presumably something you trusted in Word 97 which means it may well
be safe to continue trusting it but it is not unreasonable to investigate
what it might be. If you want it, you need to arrange to let it do its
stuff - or, if not, you would be best to remove it. Firstly have a look
under Tools templates and AddIns and see what you have - then you can
decide what to do.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Bill Martin" wrote in message
6...
"Greg Maxey" wrote in
:

Bill,

The message is a result of the default security settings in Word2003.
See ToolsMacroSecurity.

The default setting is "high." To each his or her own, but I
recommend you set Macro Security to Medium and then on the Trusted
Publishers tab check the box for "Trust all installed templates and
add-ins."

I think you will be free of the annoying message and still watertight.

That would probably work, but I don't see why I should enable macros just
to get Word to stop nattering whenever I open or close the program. Most
Microsoft warnings seem to have some way to tell the program to not warn
you about whatever repeatedly. I haven't been able to find where that's
buried in Word however.

It would be one thing if I were trying to run some document with macros
in it, but I'm not.

Bill