Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Paragraph formatting in rich text control

Hi Paul,

After typing a phrase in an empty rich text control, I want to set the
current paragraph to be a bulleted list. But clicking the bulleted list menu
option has no effect here. After I insert a couple of returns, I can select
the middle paragraph and the bulleted list option works there just fine - but
not in the first or last paragraph in the rich text control. Am I doing
something wrong, or is this behavior by design?

I'm not able to reproduce your problem. OTOH I do seem to recall seeing this, a
while ago. In the meantime, I've installed Office SP1, though, so that may have
fixed the issue.

FWIW, if I type something in a RichText control, then click the Bulleted List
button, the bullet appears *outside* the content control. If I then press ENTER
a new paragraph appears and the bullets for both paragraphs are inside the
content control.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org