Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Adeel Ahmad

Default Unwanted section break Mail Merge

Hi,
I am using Word 2003, Mail merging from a VB program. I have predefined
template in which some data is to be merged (Letter). Each time only one
record is to be merged from a data file.
I have a footer at the end of the page.
Now my requirement is to print the footer only on first page. I have set the
option in Page Setup.
But when i am done with MailMerge and new document is saved, it inserts a
new section break at the end. This section break (continuous) takes extra
space and a blank page is added with only the footer.
Can anyone help me how to avoid this. I dont want the section break at the
end. There is only one record so no new doucments are to be created for each
record.

Thanks,
Adeel