Mary Lee

Default Word changes indent and tab settings when I restart numbering

In Word 2002 (and previous versions I have used, as well), restarting
numbering causes the paragraph indents and tabs to change - seemingly back to
some pre-set default. Is there something written about this? I suspect that
something between the paragraph settings and the numbering settings is not in
sync. In my current version of Word, however, the paragraph settings are
displayed in pixels and the numbering settings are shown in inches - I'm not
sure why - and I am having a hard time determining what is what.
--
Thanks!
Mary Lee