Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod

Default how do I get this formula (A2*d2)-e2 in a word table

Hi BD,

Press Ctrl-F9 to create a pair of field braces '{ }' and type '=(A2*d2)-e2'
between them, so that you get {=(A2*d2)-e2}, then press F9 to update the
field.

Alternatively, you can use Insert|Field|Equations and Formulae|=(Formula)
and type '(A2*d2)-e2' into the input box.

You might find it useful to explore the various numeric picture switch
formatting options in Word's Help file also.

For more information on this and a wide range of other calculations in Word,
check out my Word Field Maths 'tutorial', at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442
(note: the site's down at the moment but should be back up soon).

Cheers

"Big dogs" wrote in message

Big Dogs