Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FastWordHelp

Default How do I insert a footnote with continuous numbering?

Take a look at this link:

Should be helpful.

It sounds like you have new sections starting with each page and your page
numbering format set to start at 1 for each new section.

You can click on the "Insert" menu and then "Page Numbers..." sub menu to
open up the Page Numbers dialog window. Then click the "Format..." button to
open up the Page Number Format dialog window and check the "Page Number"
section at the bottom half of that window. You'll want that to be set to
"Continue from previous section" to get the results you're looking for.

--John
www.FastWordHelp.com

"JK" wrote:

I have a document that every time I try to insert a footnote anywhere in the
document starts the numbering over again instead of doing it continuously. I
have tried everything...any suggestions?