Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daniel-San Daniel-San is offline

Default Documents Jumping Back to the Beginning....

Oh, Mighty MVPs....

In the process of editing papers, it is common for me to have more than one
version of the paper open (different filenames, obviously) to allow me to
flip back and forth between the versions, comparing as I go. Often, when
flipping to one from the other, Word jumps to the beginning of the document.
I have no idea why this happens, or if it is a Word-driven (as opposed to
Windows-driven) event. It's certainly not the worst thing that can happen,
but scrolling down and then finding where you left off is a bit of a PITA.
I've tried the Shift+F5 thingy, but I'm usually only editing one of the
documents, the other is merely there to see comments, etc., so it has no
effect.

Any ideas? I hope I'm not hallucinating.

Thanks,

Dan