Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
don don is offline

Default Pauses in word 2002 during typing

When I'm typing something in Word 2002, the "software" sometimes "can't keep
up with my typing" (so to speak). I mean there's often a hesitation before
the last letters in a word appear on the page. But as soon as I "move ahead"
to another word, then the last letters of the previous word instantly appear.

I never had this problem with XP and Word '97, but I have a new computer
with Vista and I've moved from word '97 to 2002. I've got a fast computer
and 2 megs of Ram. My word 2002 comes from a brand new Works Suite 2006. I
reinstalled my word 2002 several times, but it made no difference.

I write children's novels for a living, so this is more than just a small
annoyance for me. Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.