Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default "View - Header and Footer" setting not retained

This is an Options setting, saved in the Registry. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

"userinphilly" wrote in
message m...

I'm using Word 2003. I need to know why the "View - Header and Footer"
setting is not retained. Whenever I open Word, the blank default
document does not show the header and footer areas, but it used to.
How did I lose this? Whenever I open a new document or a saved
document, I have to turn on "View - Header and Footer". How did I end
up with this emasculated functionality? Thank you.

--
userinphilly