Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi John,

If you go through Edit/Paste Special, choose "Unformatted text" and activate
"Link", do you get a better result?

I am having the same problem - extra line feeds before and after the linked
data.

Note that my data is NOT pasted into a table, as Reply 1 presumes. It is
just a word or two, or a few characters and numbers, paste-linked from Excel
into paragraph text in Word. Thus the solution proposed in Reply 1 does not
work for my problem.

Also note that when I pasted the linked data I specifically chose the "Match
Destination Formatting and Link to Excel" button. The linked data most
definitely does not match the destination formatting. Word seems to randomly
choose some other formatting style to apply to the linked data.

I am using MS Word 2002 (10.4219.4219) SP-2 on a PC running Windows XP
Professional, 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)