Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default What causes a mail merge to have a dialog or data base engine fai.

What type of database are you using, and which version of Word (or Office)?

Peter Jamieson

"Jerry H" Jerry wrote in message
I have created several "forms" for my company that uses a mail merge data
base. When I begin a new document with these forms, the data base is
already
attached to the form, but I cannot edit the data base. Word returns the
followin dialog box: "This operation cannot be completed becasue of dialog
or
data base engine failiure. Please try again later." Does anyone know how
fix this or had the same problem?