Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Startup Word 2003 on the first Display of a multi monitor comupter

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 05:04:02 -0700, Rene wrote:

I have the followin problem:
When working in Word 2003 on a 3-display computer and working on the third
display, when I close word and start it up on a 2-display computer, I can't
see the Word page. Only the taskbar displays it has opend. Probebly it still
has started on de third display, which isn't there.

Is there a way (registry setting) to always startup WOrd 2003 on the first
display on a computer?

No, Word doesn't have any clue that you even have two or more monitors. If there
is any solution to your problem, it will be in the video driver's settings. But
the ATI Catalyst driver that I use with a two-monitor system doesn't have any
control on a per-program basis, and I haven't heard of any that does.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman