In that case, I haven't a clue unless the other place in the same paragraph
is inside a field of some sort.

"Mary Lynn Baum" wrote in message
Nope, that's not it. I'm trying to move a phrase in the text from one

place
to another within the same paragraph. I've done it hundreds of times, but
for some reason it's not working in this particular document.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You cannot drop text outside the document margins or below the End of
Document marker (the black underline in Normal view); that is, you

cannot
drop text where there is not text already.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mary Lynn Baum" Mary Lynn wrote in

message
Why do I get a "cannot drop in current location" message when I try to

drag
and drop text in Word? The "drag-and-drop text editing" function is
properly checked.