Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TDMedia

Default Eliminate line numbers on blank lines?

You need to remove the empty paragraphs and add Format | Paragraph to add space using Space Before/After.

Do you understand that what you've written is complete goobledeegook to
someone with no clue? I know it makes sense to you and it must be
totally frustrating that I don't get it, but the sentence above may as
well have been written in Greek. "Format / Paragraph" and "Space
Before/After" taken out of whatever context they belong in mean
absolutely nothing to me.

Sorry. I'll just keep using my "undisciplined" formatting and erase
the numbers where I don't want 'em!