Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Does anybody know what this symbol (¬) means?

¬ represents an optional hyphen, when you are showing nonprinting marks, and
it will display as on "ordinary" hyphen (-) when the word in question occurs
hyphenated at the end of a line.

To hide the ¬ symbol, turn off the display of nonprinting marks.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Denise" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm editing a text in Word. I changed the page setup and suddenly apperead
this symbol ¬ inside the words... The "Find" option does not recognize it
(I
wanted to use it in order to cancel all the "intruders").
Does anybody know what's that and how can I get rid of it?

Thank you,
Denise