Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default select non-adjacent items

It may be that some recently added add-in has affected this ability?

http://word.mvps.org

"jamon" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I believe this feature was introduced after Word 2000.

http://word.mvps.org

"jamon" wrote in message
Pressing and holding the Control key while I select non-adjacent items
does
not accumulate items for me in MSWord 2000. Instead, when second
non-adjacent item is selected, first item is de-selected. This
particular
select command does not appear in Tools/Customize/Commands/All
Commands.
Where can I re-set this command or how can I create the command again?
Thank
you.

Thanks for your responses. I think I could be clearer in my description
of the "missing" key command: what I'm actually doing is Control(hold) +
hi-lite non-adjacent text items. This allows me to underline, change
font, etc several items of text all at the same stroke. This command
worked for me in the past. Same version of Word (it's the only version
I've ever had). As a matter of interest, this command or sequence, if
you like, works in several other text editors like AbiWord, Atlantis.
That's what's so odd about no longer having this feature in my MSWord any
longer. Perhaps what I should be asking is: can this command be
(re-)integrated into Word? I have zero experience with macros but is
this the sort of idea they're suited to?