Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Text Box Macro

Well, in your first post you said the doc was a "Word form". If it really is
a form it is Protected [locked] and only certain portions of it can be
modified and only certain changes are allowed in those areas unless the
protection is turned Off.

Perhaps it would help if you clarify what it is you're working with, what
your intended objective is & how the result is to be used.

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"akkrug" wrote in message
I have Word 2000, 2002 and 2003 on my PC. I usually use 2003. The file I
was trying to record the macro in was not locked, but I'll give it another
try.

Thanks.

Ken K. --
akkrug

"CyberTaz" wrote:

What version of Word are you using? I stand corrected after playing
around a
little - the Drawing tools should be usable while recording a macro.

I have a feeling that your problem is that the form is locked for editing
You'll need to unlock the form before you can make *any* changes.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"akkrug" wrote in message
Do you know what command I would have to put in the macro to draw and
size
the box? I haven't done much with macros other than those I've
recorded.

Thanks for trying!!
--
akkrug

"akkrug" wrote:

I'm trying to record a macro that will draw a small text box on a Word
form.
When I turn on record macro, the draw text box and auto shape
selections
are
not available. Is there a way to add the text box to the form with a
macro?

Thanks.
--
akkrug