Larry

Default TOC Displays the Number 3 for all page numbers

Hi Stefan,

Looks like your suggestion fixed the problem. Thank you. I have been
monitoring the last few days and have not noticed any occurences of the
problem. I do have several questions:

Why does this only happen with Word 2003 Professional Edition?
Is this issue something unique to me and other users who have the same
version of word? I do know that it has occurred with at least one other
person. I do not know what version they are using.
Should I advise users to peform the same fix with anyone using Word 2003
Professional?
Will this issue be addressed in the next version of Word?

Any other information you can provide would be helpful and much appreciated.

Thank you!

Larry

"Larry" wrote:

Stefan,

Thanks for the quick response. I have made the setting change and will
monitor over the next few days as this issue is intermittent. I will send a
post back by the end of the week, if not earlier.

Thanks again,

Larry

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Reading Layout could be the cause of this problem. You can turn it off
on the General tab of ToolsOptions, by clearing the check box for
"Allow starting in Reading Layout."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Larry" wrote in message
I have Word 2003, professional version. Every once in a while, my

TOC changes
all the numbers to 3. They way I fix it is I right click on my mouse

and
click on update field - page numbers only.

Is a bug in word? How do I fix it? This does not happen all the

time. Other
users have the same problem, but again, not all the time...