Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default help with changing formatting

Do you have empty paragraphs (caused by your repeateldy pressing the Enter
key) after the text?

If you click on the Show/Hide button (¶) they will appear as a series of ¶'s

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Hello Doug

I've just had a play around with the Avery template. It isn't quite what I
was expecting because I am printing on 6.4" index cards and not on A4
paper.
So having the Letter size doesn't help at all. I'm going to have to stick
with my own templates and solve the page alignment problem.

So, going back to your original reply, I should never use the space bar to
move on to the next page. I get that. But if I have the vertical alignment
set to 'central' why does the text sometimes appear at the top of the
card and not centred? And is there a way to fix it.
--
Jackie D

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You should NOT repeatedly press the return key to get to the next page.

You should base your document on the Avery 8389 - Postcard that you can
access via ToolsLetters and MailingsEnvelopes and Labels, then click on
the Options button and select that label from the list, then click on the
New Document button. That will give you a page. By default, the text
that
is entered into such a label is centered vertically.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Hi

I'm using Word 2003 and I am using 6x4" index cards. I have about 20
cards
in one document with a short piece of text on each card. I had the
vertical
alignment set to 'centre' so that each time I inserted a new page
break,
or
repeatedly pressed the return key to get to the next page, the text
would
always be dead centre.

But then I changed the vertical alignment to 'top'. But when I hit the
space
bar at the beginning of the first line of text on the first index card
(in
order to take it down a bit from the header) the text shot on to the
next
index card. When I tried to backspace the text to get it on to the
first
index card again, it wouldn't move. I can't figure out what is going
on.
Can
anyone help?

--