Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Default Office 2007

I would imagine that about 4 years before Microsoft stops support Word2007
they will stop supporting Word2003. That might be regretable ;-)

If you are an expert user then you will soon see that advantage gained with
Content Controls will offset the loss of AutoText autocomplete tip.
AutoText is still there but sadly the autocomplete tip feature is missing.

If you are into XML (which I fall in and nearly drown from time to time) you
will find it in enhanced significantly.

Me and a lot of other users have had similiar feelings as you are having
now.

Fellow MVP Graham Mayor has some good tips on his website if you want to try
to make Word2007 look something like Word2003.
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm

I decided to just knuckle down and accept the changes. I sitll have Word2003
on my PC, but find myself using it less and less as I grow accustomed to the
new interface in Word2007.

Good Luck.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Phil wrote:
I've just upgraded to 2007 from 2003 and am wondering why I did it! I
see no extra functionality and, as a WORD expert user, am now totally
lost and can't find any of the features i regularly used. And some
are missing - e.g. AutoText.

Does anyone know any good reason why I might regret uninstalling it
and reverting to 2003?

Phil