Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron Smith Ron Smith is offline

Default How do I get Word to print linked pictures?

Thank you very much. I really appreciate you taking the time to try and help.
--
Ron Smith

"CyberTaz" wrote:

I'm afraid the only other suggestion I can offer is to store the images &
the doc in the same folder - that _may_ improve things a bit. I rarely use
Word for anything that needs to contain more than a few images.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/15/07 10:54 AM, in article
, "Ron Smith"
wrote:

Thank you very much for the suggestions. I already had the "Update linked
data before printing" set because that's what did the trick in Word 2003.
Unfortunately, it doesn't have that effect in Word 2007. I suspect that's a
bug. I also tried your other suggestion. Unfortunately that doesn't help
either. I suspected it wouldn't because programmatically doing an Update of
the link doesn't do it, but it was worth a try.

The pictures are in a folder immediately underneath the folder containing
the document.

The only thing I've found that works so far is to use the browse by graphic
buttons and visit each graphic staying there long enough for Word to actually
display it. If I just click through them and don't wait for the display,
they still don't print. I suspect a bug in Word and reported it as such a
few months ago, but if it is a bug, it's not fixed in SP1.

It's a real pain to have to go through several hundred pictures manually
when I want to print (or ususally to export to PDF). So, I'm hoping to
discover a technique that I can use to do it more automatically. As I use a
template with a document add-in, I'd be happy to do it in code, but I haven't
been able to find anything that will let me know when the display has been
updated with the graphic.