Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Vertical scroll changes to horizonal scroll, how to change it

Hi Steve,

I opened a large document, using the up and down
arrows with no problems, but as soon as I used the scroll wheel, I
encountered the same problem, hhhmmm strange, the Microsoft and dell mice
using xp pro mouse drivers, with all widow updates. Im the IT manager for an
aerospace company and I dont know what to make of it.

I'd say, then, that this is a place to start. Hate to mention it, but... Virus? Or
perhaps some "tool" installed on your machines that's interfering with the mouse
driver in some way? Maybe you've made some kind of assignment to a mouse button or
the scroll-wheel for some other program (like a CAD) that's activating for Office,
as well?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)