Posted to microsoft.public.word.application.errors,microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Word 2002/XP sometimes freezes when opening in "My Documents"

If Norton AV was installed at one time then the DLL for the Office
Plug-in could still be registered.

Search for : officeav.dll

If you find it then go to Start/Run and run the following command:

regsvr32 /u "path\officeav.dll"

Here is a KB article that provides a few additional details. It does
not include information on Norton CE but it will contain additional
details on the unregister command if you need them:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820

http://word.mvps.org

"Ant" wrote in message
This isn't the consumer NAV. It is the corporate edition. I can't find the
option to remove it from MS Office programs.

On 7/10/2009 10:10 PM PT, Graham Mayor typed:

While he could do with some housekeeping on his folder structure - the
Office Plug-in for Norton AV has been notorious over the years and should
be switched off.

With some versions of the Norton product it may be necessary to
unregister the calling DLL by running the following command line from
Windows Start Run e.g.

regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton antivirus\officeav.dll"
or
regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton systemworks\norton
antivirus\officeav.dll"

Change the path as appropriate.

--
"Now I have you where I want you... where is my jar of Bull
ants?" --unknown
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: NT
( ) or