Posted to microsoft.public.word.application.errors,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ant[_2_] Ant[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2002/XP sometimes freezes when opening in "My Documents"

Local HP LaserJet 6P on LPT1 parallel. Will try safe mode and file open.

On 7/12/2009 8:27 AM PT, Beth Melton typed:

So far I haven't noted if this occurs when working in Word Safe Mode. To
start Word in Safe Mode, hold Ctrl while starting Word and continue
holding Ctrl until prompted to start in Safe Mode.

Additionally, what is set as the default printer? Is it a local printer
or network printer? When you open a file Word queries the printer
driver. If the connection to the network is intermittent then that could
cause a hang.

--
"Above ground I shall be food for kites; below I shall be food for
mole-crickets and ants. Why rob one to feed the other?" --Juang-zu (4th
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: NT
( ) or