Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default why is Word's image resizing so much crisper than with Snagitor Paint Sho Pro?

Hi Tom

Tom wrote:
I noticed that when I resize images in Word to a smaller size, they
look much crisper than when I resize them in Snagit or Paint Shop Pro.
Why is that?

"Picture" can mean a great deal. Basically, there are two types: vector,
and bitmap.

I doubt Word can resize bitmap pictures better than SnagIt or PSP (both
are applications to handle exactly such pictures). This leads me to
beleive you are trying to resize vector grafics with bitmap software.
Wrong tool for the job.

This is a problem because I am actually not using Word as my resizing
editor.

Well, then use it! :-)

Seriously, since you are most probably dealing with vector or mixed
graphic types, resize them in Word. Save as HTML. Locate the picture
files in the subfolder where you have saved.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS