Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ralphael1

Default read only

Yoshioka wrote:
I just want to turn-off read only so it never comes on again I have trying
going into file save as the tools then general opions. I have tried going
into tools then opions it dose not work either
Even my power point presention is in read only I saved it to CD and it still
say read only when I try to save a power point onto CD it dose not let me all
it say is the file is proctected
Every time I make a new word doc or power point doc it always come-up as
read only!
I can make a copy of the file n give it a different name which seem to work
but only with word but it dose not work with power point
This is my computer at home and I with a internet talk talk broadband

I just want to turn off read only so that it never come up again
I have even tried to restall office but that did not do anything

"Yoshioka" wrote:

what do u mean select file name in windows explorer? How do I do that?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Selected the filename in Windows Explorer, right-clicked and chosen
Properties, then cleared the Read Only check box?

snipped text.
Yoshioka, I have same problem. Like you I have tried everything and the
problem still there. I am convinced there is no way to get rid of Read
Only.

Ralphael, the OLD one