Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim

Default "find" and "search/replace" modes

Without seeing it, it's hard to say. At the very worst you could save your
work and restart Word. Close all other programs and experiment with it again.
--
Jim Hull
Technical Writer

"bettysue" wrote:

Jim, I did as you suggested and clicked on the "X" at the upper right hand
corner of the window and that still did not turn off the "find" mode. More
help, please!

"Jim" wrote:

Clicking the "X" at the upper right hand corner of the window doesn't help?
Remember that the "find" is itself a window, and you may still have it opened
but buried beneath other windows.
--
Jim Hull
Technical Writer

"bettysue" wrote:

How do I turn off the "find" and/or "search/replace" modes when I'm through
using them? I try to page up or down and it is Word is still trying to
"find."