Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Re-installing WORD

I imagine that "credit card" was meant.

"Aalaan" wrote in message
To her *credit*?

"bayskater" wrote in message
Hi JoAnn,

Thanks to you, my daughter was able to re-activate her WORD program.

She used the link to Microsoft to get a new product key.

There was a charge of $10. to her credit, which she was happy to pay.

She has recorded the key and now has a printout from Belarc Advisor
showing lots of important info about her computer as well.

We much appreciate your help.

Fred

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
I don't know. Office STE is just a special kind of Office Standard. As
long as it's a retail version, she has a much better chance of getting
help. The only "out" I can think of is that it's a reduced cost version

so
there may be a reduced level of support. But PLEASE call.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"bayskater" wrote in message

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
Okie-dokie.

How to obtain a new product key for Office program setup

If the program was preinstalled on the computer, Microsoft would not
have helped her. Since she got a retail version, they will. A fast
phone call should do the trick.

After she gets the answer, I would recommend putting that number in a
safe location...and remember where that location is! ;-)
--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"bayskater" wrote in message
Reply to Jo Ann:

Her version of WORD is 2003 Office - Student and Teachers and it did
NOT come with her computer. She bought it separate at a computer
store. The old and new computers use Windows XP.
She cannot boot up her old computer, which is an E-machines T6520

Any hope?
Thanks, ... Fred

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
Did Word come with her old computer or did you buy it from your

local
Olde Software Shoppe? What version of Word is it?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"bayskater" wrote in message
Hi,
My daughter had a serious trouble on her computer and had to get a
new computer. The new computer is up and running and she'd like to
install WORD on the new box.
She doesn't have her product key (unfortunately not saved). Is

there
some way she can get that key?

Thanks, ... Fred

2003 Office - Student and Teachers

Hi JoAnn,
Thanks, I'll pass that info to my daughter.
I noticed at that site you gave that the list of programs that it
applies to does not include 2003 Office - Student and Teachers.
Will that be a problem ,do you think?
Thanks,

Fred