Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed from AZ Ed from AZ is offline

Default What field shows "ThisPage of ThisSection"?

Thanks for sticking with me. I'll work on it ans see what I can come
up with.

Ed

On Apr 2, 2:06*pm, "macropod" wrote:
Hi Ed,

The code will only work if it's in the document header/footer. If you've got it working correctly in one document, then copying &
pasting it into another document should work correctly too.

For your landscape pages, you may need to put a text box into the header/footer, format it so that it is the height of the page but
only the width of the normal header, rotate the text 90 degrees and paste the field code into the text box.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Ed from AZ" wrote in ...
Okay - just tried it.

In the header of a new doc with two sections, it works great to
identify each page of each section as "First", "Last", or "Other".

In my report, though, it bombs! *I can't get anything besides "Other
Page". *I copied the code directly over - nothing changed in the
translation (I think)??

{QUOTE{IF{PAGE}= 1 {SET Section0 0}}{IF{PAGE}={NUMPAGES} "Last
Page" {IF{={SECTIONPAGES}+{REF {QUOTE Section{={SECTION}-1}}}}={PAGE}
"{SET {QUOTE Section{SECTION}} {PAGE}}Last Page" {IF{={PAGE}-{REF
{QUOTE Section{={SECTION}-1}}}}= 1 "First Page" "Other Page"}}}}

Any hints for troubleshooting why?

Ed

On Apr 2, 7:55 am, Ed from AZ wrote:

Hi, macropod.

No, I can't restart the page numbering - this is a landscape section
in the middle of a report that's holding a table that will flow over
several pages. I need to change the table header depending on which
page I'm on. Hence, the IF with the criteria dependent on the page of
that section.

Is there a way to copy and paste this field code into the Word doc and
replace the curlys with the CTRL+F9 brackets? Saves a lot of "it
won't work because I fumbled my typing" frustrations!! 8)

Thanks for the boost!
Ed

On Apr 2, 1:37 am, "macropod" wrote:

Hi Ed,

BTW, is there a reason you can't unlink each Section from the previous one and set the page numbering for each Section to start
from
1? Although it's perhaps more fiddly to maintain, you could then greatly simplify the field coding:
{IF{PAGE}= 1 "First Page" {IF{PAGE}= {SECTIONPAGES} "Last Page" "Other Page"}}

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]