Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Access to Word labels

I am not really sure what the issue is, but if you want to get the data into
a different form, use the datasource for a Directory type mailmerge in which
you insert the merge fields, one to a cell, of a single row table. When you
execute that merge to a new document, that document will contain a row of
data for each record in the data source.

If you want to use that as your mailmerge data source, insert a row at the
top of the table and enter the field names into the cells of that row.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jennifer" wrote in message
When I open word (Microsoft XP) for labels it saves it to an access data
base
and my print document is word. The details are saved in "My data source"
and
it doesn't give me any other option to save the information except in an
Access table.

I've never had this trouble with MS Office and this is the first time I
have
used the labels on XP. It is important for work, and urgent for me!
Thanks!
--
Jennml