jerry h

Thanks Jay. I unchecked the "Make hidden markup visible when opening or
saving". That did not solve the problem. Any other ideas?
jerry h

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

jerry h wrote:
Using Word 2003. I have a table consisting of two rows and two columns
followed by normal text. The table is formatted with no borders. The
second row contains hidden text in both columns. I want the second
row to be hidden and the normal text below the second row to start
below the first row. By highlighting the second row, last column
including the table paragraph marker and formatting the highlight
with my hidden text style all works well. However, after saving and
closing the document then reopening the second row reappears below
the first row. The text is still hidden but the blank cells are there
and the normal text below the table is pushed down one line. Has
anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a better solution for
what I am trying to accomplish?

I suspect that in Tools Options Security, you may have a checkmark on
"Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving". This is intended to
keep you from sending out a document that contains personal info without
realizing that it's there.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman