Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Search and replace

Search for ^p^p and replace with a space or nothing as appropriate. Keep in
mind that this may reduce all the text to a single paragraph, so you may
want to find the actual paragraph breaks first and replace them with
something distinctive that you can later replace with ^p.

"jldube" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2003, and recently had a problem with a document prepared

by
someone else: the originator, instead of formatting the document for

double
spacing, manually placed two hard returns at the end of each line.
Subsequently, I had to add some text to the document, and I did not put
manual returns, as I was not aware of what the originator had done. So,

had some lines that had two hard returns at the end of the line, and some
that had automatic returns (single-spaced). What I wanted to do was search
for the two hard returns, and replace them with nothing, and then I was

going
to select the whole document, and use a macro I've created for double
spacing.

However, I was not able to find the character in the search dialog box for
the manual hard return. Does it exist? I ultimately fixed the document

line
by line, but would like to know what to do if this situation occurs

again.

Thank you for your time.

Jeannine Dube