Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jldube

Default Search and replace

I KNEW that it would be something simple that I had missed. Thank you so much
! I love this board---it always answers my questions promptly, and accurately.

Jeannine Dube

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It's "Paragraph mark" at the very top of the list.

"jldube" wrote in message
This worked great, and I thank you very much.

I hate to sound really ignorant, but where do I find the ^p character in

the
replace dialog box? Is it found anywhere in the "special" section? Is

there a
list somewhere that I'm not seeing?

Thanks again for your time.

Jeannine

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Search for ^p^p and replace with a space or nothing as appropriate. Keep

in
mind that this may reduce all the text to a single paragraph, so you may
want to find the actual paragraph breaks first and replace them with
something distinctive that you can later replace with ^p.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"jldube" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2003, and recently had a problem with a document

prepared
by
someone else: the originator, instead of formatting the document for
double
spacing, manually placed two hard returns at the end of each line.
Subsequently, I had to add some text to the document, and I did not

put
manual returns, as I was not aware of what the originator had done.

So,
had some lines that had two hard returns at the end of the line, and

some
that had automatic returns (single-spaced). What I wanted to do was

search
for the two hard returns, and replace them with nothing, and then I

was
going
to select the whole document, and use a macro I've created for double
spacing.

However, I was not able to find the character in the search dialog box

for
the manual hard return. Does it exist? I ultimately fixed the document
line
by line, but would like to know what to do if this situation occurs
again.

Thank you for your time.

Jeannine Dube