Pat Garard

G'Day User,

Your "problem" sounds as though it has its origins in
Windows' capacity to cater for multiple users.

Suppose there are users - Tom, Dick and Harry.

Windows Xp will create folders called:
"Toms Documents",
"Dicks Documents" AND
"Harrys Documents"
within the "C:\Documents and Settings\UserName structure.

When Tom logs in, he will see 'My Documents' as a
shortcut to 'Toms Documents'. He will also be able
to see 'Toms Documents' (separately), 'Dicks Documents'
and 'Harrys Documents'.

If no particular Ownership privileges are being enforced,
OR if Tom is an ADMINISTRATOR, he will be able
to read/edit all documents.

If Ownership privileges are enforced, he may be able
to see the files (ie their names), but to read/edit only
his own.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"User does not have access privileges" User does not have access
wrote in message
I try to open some files in the C:\Documents and Settings\Owner file and it
says that I don't have the privilege to open those files. I tried
deleting
the Microsoft Update K885250, but it didn't work. I also tried to enter
in
safe mode, and I tried disabling the plug-in from Norton AntiVirus, and
nothing worked. I have no idea what to do and it's getting annoying.
Someone please help me!!