Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
paulb paulb is offline

Default mail merging formatted content

Doug

You appear to be an expert and I need help! I have a column in excel with
numbers and they are 12 digits long. Excel automatically formats these in
scientific format. I have changed these formats into text, number accounting,
custom, but when i mail merge the scientific format keeps appearing. I have
saved the excel file each time I have changed. How can I remove the
scientific format when merged into the word doc.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Put the merge fields in the cells of a one row table with nothing else in
the main document. Then when you execute the merge to a new document you
will get the layout that you want.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"donna" wrote in message
I am trying to learn how to use this. How do I start a new thread? I
have
a question about mail merge, but I don't even know how to start a thread
in
order to ask it. Can you please tell me how to start a new thread.

My question about mail merge is: I writing a directory on names an
address
with two columns per page. I want the name to be followed by the address,
but some adresses have two line to them. Therefore the names don't
alsways
match up on both columns. I think I need it to add an extra blank line
for
the names that have one address line. How do I do that?

"raj" wrote:

I am using Outlook 2000 SR1 and Word 2000 SR1.

I have an email message that I need to send to everyone in my
contacts folder. So I tried Mail Merge. The body of my
message contains some formatted text and also few images. I
changed my Outlook's Mail Format as HTML and MSWord as my email
editor. When I send the messages through mail merge, the
receiver's mail is in plain text. I also tried "Includepicture" field for
images. Still don't work with mail merge.

But, when I send a mail individually to them, the receiver
receives the mail in HTML format.

I also checked the recipient's property "Send email using plain
text only" and it is checked OFF.

Can some one please suggest me how to mail merge the formatted contents?