Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Background picture

A watermark is merely a graphic (usually paler than normal - but it doesn't
have to be so) with its layout property set to 'behind text' in the document
header view, so this is exactly what you require.

Keith wrote:
I have a picture I want to use as a background to all the pages in a
document. I tried to create a template with one page with the image
on it but this didn't work. I can type over the image without a
problem, but as soon as I go onto a second page the image jumps to
the new page.

How can I get round this? I don't want the picture to be a watermaks
as it's colour and I want it to stay that way. Any ideas?