Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default To change alphabetical order

Sorry, you're out of luck with this request. There's no provision for any
other sort order in Word. (Technically, if you write your own sort function
in a macro, you can set any order you like, but that's definitely not a job
you'd wnat to try unless you're a good programmer.)

Probably the best you can do is to sort in alphabetical order, and then
manually move the entries that need to be in a different order.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Bogdan Dumka wrote:
When I use Sort function in Word, I would like to change order in
which it sorts. Instead of sorting in alphabetical order (a, b, c,
d,...) I would like it to sort in some other order (e.g. a, b, d,
c,...). I need to do this for characters I created with equation
field, so they are sorted correctly.

Bogdan Dumka