Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I change my Normal template?

It has never been possible to "merge the template of the open document into"
Normal.dot. It is (still) possible to set some defaults in a document that
are saved to Normal.dot (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...lTemplate.htm), and
many customizations are saved in Normal.dot (or Normal.dotm) by default.

"JGT" wrote in message
OK now I'm totally confused after reading all the previous post. Recently
upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 (wow what a pain-in-the-ass
change)
and cannot easily find stuff (sorry but IMHO the ribbon is a GIANT step
backwards). I get so tired of clicking on things only to discover what I'm
looking for is not there. In office 2003 I made extensive modifications to
the normal.dot file and now I want these changes in my normal.dotm file.
In
2003 I could open a document and merge the template of the open document
into
my normal template. Is this possible in 2007? If so how?